Saturday, April 10, 2010

My baby is 3

Happy Birthday Quinton. I love you more than words can express. I spent a few minutes today going over what was written about Quinton when he was first born. This is from his birth story:

All of the sudden they started asking me how much we thought the baby weighed and they pulled him out! HOLY COW!!! He was so long. They showed me him before cleaning him up. They announced it was a boy and then off he went to get cleaned up. They asked what our guesses were for weight. DH thought about 7 and 3/4 lbs, I guessed 8lbs 2oz, the assisting doctor guessed 8lbs 12 oz.... and the baby was..... 9lbs even. WOW what a shock that was to us after the 6 lb 5.8 oz baby we had the first time.

They wrapped him up and handed him to DH. They unstrapped my arm so I could touch him and kiss him. He cried right away once he was pulled out but after he didn't really cry. The nurses wanted him to cry just a little more so they held him for a bit and got him to cry. DH then went with them to clean him up some more and they took some pictures. I was so excited that it was over.


The rest is kinda gross (I got sick) but I love reading about how my day was with Quinton.



Here is what Quinton is like so far:
*his new favourite thing to say are 'catch phrases he hears us say (That's Awesome possum; too bad soo sad; sounds like a plan sam; ect)
*He doesn't yet go to school but wants to so bad that anything he does with me during the day is considered school.
*His favourite store is Bulk Barn and would spend all day there if he could. Not for the food but for the 'new' things in each container.
*He loves to see his family members, close or far away. He tells me all about them every time he sees a photo.
*Q loves people so much. He will hug everyone he can.
*His favourite person at K's school is "Mommy Jeff" (Jeff's mom) and he runs to hug her every morning.
*He is growing so much. We just went from size 8 shoes to size 10!
*He would rather wear pj's all day long than change into pants and a t-shirt.
*He sleeps on the bottom bunk but in the last few month has learned how to get up onto the top bunk and how to get back down.
*He loves to make sounds and make faces.
*He would eat all day if you would let him. He is like a hobbit and eats 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th breakfasts every morning.
*Q enjoys playdough, bubbles and duplo more than any other toys we have.
*He is a Daddys boy. Whenever Arnold is here he must be with his dad.
*He has more clothes than he knows what to do with. He is in size 3T/4T tops and mostly 3T bottoms.
*He started swimming lessons and loves them (except the water in his ears and eyes)
*He loves to play in the dirt or to get dirty (in theory) but as soon as he realizes he is dirty the fun is over until he can wipe himself clean.
*We are still working on potty training. He is basically there. He needs help when he poops with wiping his bum and sometimes has an accident if he waits too long to go to the potty but is doing really well.
*His new favourite movie is "Astric boy" (AKA Astro boy). Arnold is currently trying to find the original 'better' version to show the boys.
*Q loves to say hi, to anyone and everyone. He is very much like his papa and his daddy.
*Q generally wants to pray at meal times and it goes something like this "God Jesus, let me pray, love you, all done!"
*His favourite colour is green. I think that is because anything he looks at he calls it green first then the real colour.
*Q hates bugs. It doesn't matter how big or how small they are. Nature boy will have to work on that this summer... again :)
*He loves doing 'homework' with Kyler (read: writing/drawing on his own paper)
*He enjoys building things, even if it's to just knock them down.
*He loves pizza, not the actual pizza, jut the toppings
*He has his own bank account this year. He has yet to use it himself but I'm sure we will get there. Generally Daddy does all his banking
*Q loves his socks. He wears them all the time. If his get wet or fall off he must have something on his toes.
*He can get away with more because he is able to turn on the waterworks faster and better than his brother. We never know who is telling the truth.
*He loves to get the mail, but only if it is right after the mail man comes. If it has been a bit forget it.
*He has about 3 pairs of shoes/boots and he loves to wear them. Sometimes I think he wants to wear them around the house.
*He is getting better with his language but not totally understandable.
*He loves Monday nights hen C&C people come over and he gets to hang out with them.
*Q likes to pretend. He has a cute high voice to say everything in. He can even pretend that you are answering him the way you want by answering for you in a high voice.
*He hates cheese! Instead of eating cheese he has a yogurt at lunch
*He is loved

My yearly letter:

Dear Quinton,

As you sit here beside me playing with a new toy on the bed I realize how much you have changed since you were 2! It doesn't seem that long ago and you were such a small little boy just learning things and now you are "bigger" (holding up a whole hand instead of just 3 fingers).

We had your birthday last April at Nana and Papa's house over Easter. I have a feeling you will be getting jilted for a bit as far as your own birthday and sharing with the Easter Bunny. At least you manage to get some good gifts!

During the next few months you were a great help as we prepared to move to the campsite and eventually did. It was so funny when we moved there. I have posts about you not being able to stand on the ground when we first got there. You were what we called "Nature Boy" you couldn't stand being on the grass and hated it unless you had some shoes on.

Shortly after moving there you got used to it and did a wonderful job. I was so proud of you and you did so well during the summer. Not only with nature and bugs but with so much more. You had to learn this summer that you are not going to get to do everything your brother did (soccer) but yet you managed to have and encourage your brother along. Your Daddy and I loved watching you grow and mature.

When we moved into our first house after the summer you enjoyed carpet and being able to have your own room for toys. You loved to play in there but as soon as Kyler went to school you realized that the toys were not as exciting when you played alone. We ended up doing alot together. Including building towers.

Quinton, you enjoy building, even now, so much. I'm impressed with what you can come up with and it surprises me what you can do with just a little bit of things to build with. If it's dulpo, blocks, cars, or even random shapes.

Even now as we had to move again you did so great with the change and adjusted shortly after getting here. I love that God has given you the ability to do this. To adjust to changes. It has been helping you alot with new adventures. This summer we did some Group Speech Therapy Session, and we are continuing it again this month with one on one speech therapy sessions.

You began Kids Klub with Auntie Jaime and Mr Mike. You love that you have a 'school' with your brother, now that Kyler has graduated to the next group up in Sunday School. You go up for an hour or so and you love every minute of your group!!

Things that happen with your brother at school are rubbing off on you. You have started to count to 5! I'm so proud of you, that and you know how to write a "Q".

Your birthday this year was a combination of the CN Tower with your Nana, Papa, Daddy, brother and I and a party at Easter with your cousins from Ontario. I know you enjoyed the weather because the new tan on your face shows me.

I love the way you can smile at me and make my heart melt. You are at this stage where if I ask for a photo you can smile this squinted face but some moments, if I'm lucky, I get the most beautiful smile from you.

Tonight as we celebrate your 3rd birthday we are having pizza (pepperoni) and cake (white chocolate with raspberry from M&M's - your other favourite store) and apple pie (from our trip to the apple farm this summer). By special request.

Sweetheart, I love you so much, from everything you do and how you change daily to the moments you make my heart melt. Thank you for being in my life and for loving me no matter what I do wrong. I pray every day for your life and your relationship with God. You ask so many incredible questions and I love that.

Love with all my heart, forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment