Monday, January 14, 2013

Dr Appointments

As I'm sure you've had alot of posts about our family and our sweet baby Otis, this is another one, of sorts.

I had my 6 week appointment today.  My sweet little boy would have been 6 weeks old (well almost 7), if everything had worked out.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted a full term healthy baby but if he had survived his birthday, he would be 6 weeks old by now.

Today I met with our INCREDIBLE ob.  She was wonderful!  I love her and her staff so much.  They booked me knowing what had happen on a day when there were NO pregnant women in the office, no blaring "you didn't have a baby and I am" feelings.  I got in before my appointment and out just after what would have been my appointment time.  She helped us set up future appointments (yes, it's true I'm "making" my husband get the "Big V", and I am to come and see her next fall).  We talked about how I'm doing medically, how my body is and what's going on with us.  We joked about how things have been going since then and what will be happening next. 

All in all a great visit.  She really is a wonderful ob. 

Now I wait, 3 more days, and I have another appointment.  My appointment with my BP dr is on Thursday afternoon.  I always have "high" bp in her office.  I'm not going to lie, putting an internal med dr with special interest in pregnancies, pre and post, on the labour and delivery floor, GREAT idea... but for the rest of us, it sucks.  My BP is high when I see her, but perfect to low at home.

I have a feeling this visit (or the next) we will be changing my doses.  I'm good with that.  I'm finding I'm low at night, but it could just be the night time.  For now we wait and see.  This appointment I'm taking my "warrior" with me... Quinton!  He loves this dr so it should be good.

And then I get some time off (most likely I'll see my BP dr again in 3 to 4 weeks but I do get "some" time off).  I'm looking forward to things getting semi normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment