Thursday, October 6, 2016

October 6th - A Month to be Thankful!

There is this fad... every November it seems like everyone on my Facebook feed is becoming ever so thankful.  They post things they are grateful for.  And I love reading them.  It's so nice to see people who are thankful for some of the things I take for granted.

So I'm trying to do the "Canadian Version".  I'm trying to do my on month of being thankful!

Day #6

I'm thankful!

I'm thankful for pizza day at my school. 

Not just my school, but my kids school and my place of work/volunteer.  I love my school.  The staff there are amazing.  The kids are very cool.  It is a wonderful place to be.

Today is Pizza Day.  This day is always crazy.  It starts with a crazy amount of kids bringing forms down to the office and delivering the bags.  Then it means my friend and I sort the money and forms all morning, and most of the afternoon.  After that we go shopping and we get the juice and cookies and order the pizza. 

Today is the big day.  We have all the forms sorted and money counted by now.  And now we get everything ready to go to the classrooms.  We fill the bags with supplies, figure out how many pizzas, plus or minus slices, need to go to each room. 

Then the craziness begins.  Our pizza is delivered by 11am or so.  We just go go go!  We can get the pizzas and bags out to each room before too long.  I'm always impressed with how well we do.  Most of the time there isn't a problem. 

Today, I'm thankful for pizza day, as it means we didn't have to prepare lunches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment