Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Calm Before The Storm

You know how there is that calm before something big happens? Everything just settles and nothing happens. It's quiet and peaceful and almost 'perfect'. Then everything happens at once?

Well today that was my ride. I started my training again last week to 'warm into it' for a bit and now I'm into my full training in the mornings and exercise workouts in the afternoon. This morning was a bike day. I do about 5kms or so in the mornings. I'm hoping to get up to 10km but for now it's just been 5 to 6km depending on the day. And today wasn't one of those days I wanted to stay out too long.

When I leave in the morning it's dark out. I can still see the moon, it's so nice and peaceful. Then things begin to happen. I can hear (yes hear, the windows were open) a mom yell at her kid to get up because he is going to be late for his first day of high school. Another set of parents complaining at the end of the driveway while she kisses him and wishes him a good day at work and he wishes her good luck getting the kids off to school. Further down the road there was a mom getting her kids in the car for daycare and making sure the oldest has her backpack for her first day of kindergarten.

What a change. All summer I've enjoyed having less traffic, quiet and such a wonderful time. Now I'm watching the lights come on in houses and seeing people get ready for school

Tomorrow is our day. Tomorrow is K's first day of SK! I can't believe he is growing up so fast!

So to all those who start school today. Best of luck and I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment