Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I wonder what...

Ever have those days when you wonder what you were doing... a day ago?  On your past birthday?  a year ago?

Sometimes I have those moments.

I started thinking I was finally "at home" with school this year and then I started to wonder... what was I doing last year at this time?

Wanna know?

I was praying.

Sure, sure.  Praying.  Easy answer right?

Seriously.  I was praying.

I remember walking to school.  The boys were so excited and I was praying as we walked down the road.  I was praying for my Mom-in-law.  I was praying for the doctors.  I was praying for my brother's there.  I was praying for my Dad-in-law.  I was praying.  Hard.

I was praying for the surgery to go well.

I was texting Jason and Chris to find out how things were going.

I was very very worried.




Eventually I was able to relax a bit.  Anything that could have happen before was done with and "we" were in surgery.  Then you wait...

I remember having talked to Annie before and making sure I could update my friends and family on FB with how things were going.  I remember slowly updating people.  And more importantly.. having more and more people praying for us.

I remember getting the text message from Jason telling me she was out of surgery and doing ok.

Then Chris texted and said the same thing.  They were going to hang out a bit more and then would let me know.

The rest of the day I remember it being much of a blur.  I was so happy that surgery had gone well.

Then came the road to recovery for Annie. 

So how unique that today she is having surgery again today.  She will be having her other breast removed.  She is so upbeat about this surgery, so happy and so excited to start this part of her journey and end another.

I am so incredibly proud to have Annie as my mom-in-law.  What an inspiring person.

Whenever I see this video it reminds me of Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment