Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Broccoli/Caulifower Cheese Soup (New Food #24)

I wanted to make something different. A few weeks back (see chicken noodle soup one) I made the soup and Arnold wanted to try something else. He was comparing the soups. It was so cute!

Anyway.... I made my own soup. It was good. I won't lie it didn't look good (in fact it looked like the milk curdled) but it was SOOOOOOO yummy.


1 package of frozen chopped broccoli***
1 package of cauliflower pieces***
2 10oz cans of cheddar cheese soup
2 12oz cans of evaporated milk
1/4 cup finely chopped onions (1 small onion)
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4tsp pepper
1 8oz package of cream cheese, cubed
2 cups of water
1 carton of half and half cream***
crumbled bacon, optional


combine all ingredients into the crock pot and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low setting. Enjoy!




***now I didn't use a package, I used the fresh stuff I had from a package that were about to go bad. I then used a half a my-packaged broccoli. As for the half and half cream... I used up what was left over from what my dad gave me, and just to top up the soup a bit more.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment