Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Sweetest Things

Every once and a while we see the most amazing glimpses into our children's lives. I love those moments. Sometimes I miss them. That's the hardest. Other times they put the biggest smile on my face and in my heart.

Today on the way home from dropping K off at school we were walking past the 'worker men' who are building another level on a house on our street. Q started to get really excited watching them and seeing how 'strong and mighty' they are! He started to tell me how he wanted to get 'big big big' and be 'strong and mighty' like they are and to build a big house!

I love the excitement in his eyes, the way he jumped up and down watching them work and the nervous twitching he did while he saw them pull up a wall. It was incredible to see my child so excited about something so 'normal'.

This isn't the only thing he gets excited about. Lately we have been over-run with caterpillars in our yard. The boys can find them anywhere and watch them for hours. Q has started to call me out whenever he finds one, demands we take a photo so we can 'oom' in on them and see the 'eyes' on their backs. The incredible creation God had made for us sometimes get passed by with nothing too exciting. We seem to think it's a normal thing to see a caterpillar, trees, tulips bloom, wind blowing or worms moving.

Sometimes... the sweetest thing is to see the world through our children's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment