Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Years Goals!

Well I know I'm a bit late but better late than never right?

I'm trying to figure out my New Years Goals. I figured this year having goals was better than making a resoulation I won't keep. A goal gives me something to work towards. If you remember my post about Dave Ramsey back in December. I posted about how he has some guidelines for making your goals for the year. So here is what he said.

When sitting down to make up your goals you should think of one thing for each of these:

Career,
Financial,
Physical,
Intellectual,
Spiritual and
Family goals


Here are ours/mine:

Career, - I want to finish my exam for my Doula program and get my company off the ground;

Financial, - I want us to stick to the DR budget. We are doing great already, we have put a $200.00 snowball on our CC already!;

Physical, - I want our family to work towards being more healthy, making sure we have the proper eating habits and the proper exercise habits, as well as sleeping, if the kids ever grasp that one;

Intellectual, - spend more time learning about thing I'm interested in and as a personal goal.. reading a book a month;

Spiritual - keep up with my daily devotions (there's a new book I want to get since I'm almost done the other book) as well as keeping our kids invovled in what they learn at sunday school;

Family goals - We want to spend more time as a family. We are hoping to have more 'ground time' with the kids as well as doing some great things as a family this summer.


It's not alot of goals but enough to keep us busy. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment