Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sweet Nothings

Do you remember that 'romantic' phase you were in? Heck you might still be in right now but yeah. This is the phase that you thought every public display of affection was so cool, so sweet and something you wanted to have in your relationship when you were older.

I've been thinking about it alot lately. I have been so blessed to have great 'displays' in my life. I'll give you some examples.

My parents. They are so cute! They always make each other laugh. Dad knows just how hard to push when he gets the 'angry' look/voice from Mom. But my favourite (and one of my most recent 'views') was when my parents where here in our house to help us move. Mom wanted to have a shower and Dad had managed to get one before her. He got out of the shower and told her where the handle would go (3 o'clock position) to be her perfect water temp.

My friends Jenn and Jason. They have always been the cutest couple ever. They love each other so much and it shows! One thing I always remember about them from university was how much they would laugh and giggle. I do mean ALL THE TIME! At Christmas/New Years you might remember me telling you they were visiting. They are still so cute. They had tickle wars while they were here, and my favourite, their "Rock Paper Scissors" wars to see who would do the baby's diaper.

My online friends Holly and David. Even though I have never met this couple (our chance to meet Holly in Edmonton failed when her work changed her date to come up that way), I feel very close to them. I'm lucky enough to 'witness' them on Facebook. They are the cutest couple ever. I don't think a week goes by when I don't see a FB status dedicated to Holly from David about how much he loves his beautiful wife, or a status for David from Holly regarding him as a wonderful father. It's so sweet.

So I have to ask... what kind of "sweet nothings" does your spouse do for you? Or what kind of "sweet nothings" can you do for your spouse? Sometimes it could be as simple as meeting them at the door every day with a hug and kiss, or more complex like having a romantic evening planned.

Sometimes I would love to have that "Romantic" phase I was in during high school. No one could do any wrong, no one could be mean and everything couples did was so sweet... just how I wanted to be when I was older.

No comments:

Post a Comment