Thursday, June 24, 2010

"I Survived the Earthquake in Toronto 2010"

This is one of the MANY new Facebook pages that popped up around 2pm this afternoon! Around 1:45 I was laying down in bed and asked Kyler to go and get my cell phone (since he wasn't bothering to nap). He came out and went into the living room and then it started. I could feel the bed vibrating and I touched the wall and it was moving as well. You could hear the rattling of the windows. I truly thought that Kyler was climbing up on the entertainment unit to see if the phone was up there and it was hitting the wall.

I got up off the bed and walked into the living room. Kyler was standing there with his feet firmly planted on the floor and his responce to me was "I didn't do it!" I asked him if the he felt the house shake. It took him a bit and he said yes he did. He was telling me that the house was moving and shaking!

I went outside to see if anyone else had felt it but no one was outside! I sent Kyler back to bed and I got a text message from Arnold "Our building just shook!". I called him right back and told him we felt it as well.

I'll be honest, I thought maybe it was just the helicopters going over the house and shaking us so bad but nope! This was an earthquake.

We started getting information about it slowly and I was surprised. We were originally told it was a 5.5 on the scale. The centre point was the boarder along Ontario and Quebec. It sounds like it was felt VERY far from there: Cambridge, Kitchener, Toronto, all of the USA and some people felt it in Michigan!

Once all this was over with Kyler wouldn't go to sleep. Who could blame him! So he napped with me. Quinton, who I knew could sleep alot, slept RIGHT THROUGH the earthquake!

To top it on all of that they have now announce that we are on Red Alert! There is a Tornado that went through an area about 2 hours from here. It's going to be a long night!



ETA - This post *should* have gone out last night but I just hit save not post! Here's some articles from the stuff above:

Town Declares Emergency as Earthquake Rattles Ontario and Quebec

Quake creates huge ripples online

Possible tornado causes destruction in Ontario

No comments:

Post a Comment