Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Training for the Tri

Can you believe it? less than 2 months and I'll be doing my tri! I'm super excited.

I have had a few weeks 'recovery' since I got so sick. I'm back at it. But this rain isn't helping too much. I'm being so careful to not get sick again. In fact Q came into bed this morning with a fever and a runny nose and I think I'm almost half way through a bottle of 'waterless-hand wash'. I'm worried about getting sick again!

I did a 'test time' yesterday for my swimming and I completed my swimming, 400m, in 8 minutes and 18 seconds! I'm supper happy with that one! I'm still getting my training on Thursdays and I hope it continues. I have 2 more weeks then we are gone (Canada day) then back at it. I know my coach has other plans for his summer but I'm hoping he will still help out on Thursdays. Who knows.

My biking has been a bit behind. We have been so busy we haven't had time to do our bike rides lately but a few short ones. I'm going to get in a few more rides. This Saturday we are doing our 'test ride' at the island. We hope to go over SUPER early in the morning (there are dragon boat races that day) and get in a 10 km then head back and find a place to chill and have a snack. I'm sure we can do it no problem! I'm excited to try the actual placement for the race!

My running is improving. I always seem to do much better after a break. I'm def not running the day before the race. I'm working on doing some 'cross-training' but I haven't had much luck doing that. I can get in some swimming and then cycling but no cycling then running. Again this is something I'm going to try with the family this weekend. I'm running every morning around 2.7kms every time. I walk the rest and get a total of 3.1kms

I'm very excited. I did a preview of what I was looking at an the woman who won the GIAT Tri for the Binbrook Area did great. She placed 35th over all (a total of 187 finishers). She had a race time of 48:56. And her times were 10:48 (swimming) 21:25 (cycling) and 13:34 (running). I'm not even close to any of her times but I'm sure I'll get there.

Anyway I'm getting closer!! Hopefully this weekend will kick my bum! I'm doing some morning training in the water at my parents house (last week in June to July 4th) and I hope to get some more out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment