Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Food #48 - Wanda's Chicken and Rice Casserole

I made this one of the nights Grandma and Grandpa Visser were here. It was super easy and great to have. I loved it personally. I didn't really "pre-read" (which I recommend for EVERYONE) so I made some mistakes but it's good.

Wanda's Chicken and Rice Casserole

Photobucket


Makes 6 to 8 servings

1 cup of long-grain rice, uncooked
3 cups of water
2 tsp of chicken bouillon granules
10.75oz can of cream of chicken soup
16oz bag of frozen broccoli
2 cups of chopped, cooked chicken
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of onion salt
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese

1 - Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
2 - Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours.

NOTE - If casserole is too runny, remove the lid from the slow cooker for 15 minutes while continuing to cook on High.

****So... I didn't have chicken bouillon granules, only the squares so we used a few of those; I also I no idea that I needed COOKED chicken. I put in uncooked chicken and cooked it on high all day. It worked a lot better.

Really good!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment