Monday, December 21, 2009

A childless week(ish)

My parents, bless their souls, have taken my two boys and my oldest niece on this side, for a week. We dropped off one VERY excited Kyler and one very sick Quinton on Sunday afternoon after stopping for a visit and quick supper in Cambridge. Nana, Papa, and Uncle Jack came and picked everyone up at my sisters place and then we headed out. We got home around 6:30pm and got straight to work.

I took the camera, Arnold was armed with the measuring tape and paper and pen and we went over and measured some things in the new house. We did alot of measuring and picture taking and we are ready to start moving. We came home and started the sad state of packing up Christmas in our house. We got ALOT done which helps. By 10pm we had:
-undressed and delighted the tree
-tossed the tree outside
-took off the christmas lights and greenery outside
-took the lights and greenery down inside and packedup
-labled the decorations and packed them up in new boxes
-put away some of the breakable decorations
-took all the lights down from every room
-brought up all the Christmas boxes for packing up.

Arnold headed off to bed around 10pm or so and I finished waiting for a few things to upload (ie a video of the boys singing) and made my 'to-do' list for the week.

This morning was kinda nice. I was, however, awoken at 3am (I think the neighbour got home), a bit tired. I layed in bed until 8am reading about 3 or 4 chapters in a book and then I made my way upstairs doing things as I went.

So far today I have:
-did laundry (on load 4)
-packed up PM nativity, and other breakables into a box
-made 3 bags of garbage or recycle
-cleaned the carpet areas
-fed the fish (that was hard hehe)
-packed up another 2 boxes of Christmas things
-brought up 1 load of stuff to go to my parents house and made the 'move to parents house' table
-brought 6 loads up the stairs and out to the car for moving to the new house
-emptied the boys bedroom (minus things stuck down) of things
-cleaned out the bathroom of empty bottles or things we don't use/need anymore
-made breakfast (which was to die for! It was sooo good)
-did the dishes, twice
-did some online banking.

Now if I could only keep going! I have managed to get Arnold to list some stuff on freecycle for us so hopefully it will go soon (but not soon enough.. I want to add in the tree skirt, it's time to get a new one).

Today the rest of my plans are:

-pack up the rest of the boys room
-move van load over to new house and start setting up a few things
-begin to empty the toy room of things that can be brought to new house
-begin to empty our room of things that can go to the new house
-list the couch and chairs and ottoman online.

Hopefully I can get that done. Oh and finish making supper.

Wish me luck! hopefully I can get back into the blogging thing again once we get Christmas under our belts! Or before if you are lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment