Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dutch Christmas

I'm still catching up on this weekend but as I am so tired right now I thought I'd just right about something 'easy'.

This weekend was "Dutch Christmas" in our house. For those who don't know what it is it is when SinterKlaas comes to visit the children. Generally, from what I understand, he comes for supper on Dec 5th and then leaves gifts for the kids. We have changed it a bit more to work for us. Dec 6th SinterKlaas comes and leaves something for the kids. Generally after church (since that's when Mommy can have a few minutes to 'find' them) the gifts arrive and the kids get excited.

I love doing this with the boys since they really truly begin to get excited about things going on. They are just so overjoyed for Christmas and this helps keep them in the spirit.

I managed to snap a quick photo of the boys in front of the tree this year:

Photobucket


Here are the boys sitting with their SinterKlaas gifts:

Photobucket


Opening gifts:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Every year when gifts are open they find a book and something else as well as their traditional chocolate letter. We have always had problems finding Quinton's Q since it's not too popular so people don't buy them as much to sell. So we generally ending up getting something else close. Q got an "O" this year:

Photobucket


This year along with the normal gifts the boys got 'dutch cookies'. I'm honestly not 100% sure what they are but they are good and the kids can eat them like there is no tomorrow!

I managed to snag a photo of the boys getting their first bites of chocolate:

Photobucket



Something I Love Game:

I love alot of things. I've listed a few already: my blue angel, grandmas ornament, snowmen candle holder, precious moments figures, and hot chocolate. Today is my tree. I know that everyone loves trees, but I love the way ours looks, how its decorated and just the general feel of it. Here is our tree:




Blessed:

Today I am blessed by my parents. My parents have been so wonderful to us in this past month or so and we are so blessed by them. Today was no exception. Last night we received some money to buy Kyler a new snowsuit as his was WAY too short. As well as that we were also able to get the boys some new clothes. I'll post more about that tomorrow but sometimes I can never understand how blessed I am. This is truly helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment