Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Snacks!

So who doesn't like Christmas snacks? I know I've talked about cookies and I think I've told you about the white chocolate popcorn that is to die for that my mom makes, but there's more! I know! how can there be more? But there is!

A week ago at the Winter Concert I found out that Mr Brown, K's teacher, is a choco-o-holic. I then discovered that I should make something or buy something chocolate. Since you never know who likes what (and for future reference I dislike chocolate with cherries in them) I thought I should make something for him. I was in walmart when this thought came to me so I went over and picked something up that I thought I could handel making:

Photobucket


Easy right? chex Mix (their chocolate mix) some coloured melting chocolates (this was discovered after mixing some white chocolate chips and some foodcolouring and watching it become a powder like substance... not working!) and a cookie sheet. I'll admit, I've done it once already to make sure it would work.

And for taste testing!

Photobucket


The first thing you do is spread them out on the cookie sheet (should be flat) and add a suprise ingrediant that no one knows about! Can you guess what it is?


Photobucket


A closer photo incase you can't guess.


Photobucket


anyone? It's so good. They are my favourite thing at Bulk Barn!


Photobucket


That's right! White chocolate mint bells! SOOO good. I thought I would just throw them in there for some more colouring!


Photobucket


Next we put some melting chocolates into a bowl. Seriously this is one of my favourite things. It doesn't take long at all. Just about 30 seconds to a minute thirty and you are good to go. Please if you do this stir every 30 seconds or it's bad! Trust me


Photobucket


Melted version, sorry so fuzzy, it's hard to get a good shot, fast and with 1 hand!


Photobucket


Sprinkle on tray. The frist few gobs came out REALLY big but hey, it just adds to it. Then you could just kinda fling the spoon around to get the light lines. Try to keep the 'flinging' on the tray.


Photobucket


Pan #2. In all reailty I could have used 3 pans at least for the one bag but this worked ok as well.


Photobucket


Drizzle. It's so pretty!


Photobucket


Take another shot. Again so festive right? I'm sure you could do it with orange and black for halloween to add a twist, or some 'pastaly' colours for Easter.


Photobucket


And another photo... just because it's so good. Around now I took the trays and shook them a bit and tried to get a bit more chocolate on the pieces. If it didn't work the spoon was ok to go into my mouth, and I'm sure if you make it, you will have to 'taste test' some as well.


Photobucket


Last one, I promise.


Photobucket


I waited for the chocolate to cool then put into the 'festive' plastic bags from Ziplock.


Photobucket


As you can see each tray made their own bag. I had done it already in red so we have 2 bags of red and 2 bags of green. The major problem here is that they are seriously FILLED up!


Photobucket


I figured out, about a day later, that this was WAY too much to eat for one person, I mean, family, so I had my husband mix them up. We ended up with 7 bags of the mix. SOOO good. The teachers and everyone at the school loved them!

Something I love Game:

My something I love today is more of a moment. I LOVE that moment when the house is quiet. I can hear the fish tank running but nothing else. I'm slowly learning to love that sound. IT's wonderful. That and the fact that when there is no other sound in the house it means the kids are asleep. Something I need them to do.

Blessed:

Today I know I'm blessed by God. I'm blessed because no matter how much I freaked out and worried I know God is with me and helping me. He helped us to find and figure out everything we need. Including this:

Photobucket


This is our new house. We move on the 30th of this month. We are renting the upper half of the house and so far no one is in the basement. It's less space than we have ever had before (including our first house in Toronto) but we need to get on our feet again and save up some money. This should help us!


p.s. God provided for us again last night. Thank you to those people, you know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. Cute house! how much square footage do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute house! Thanks for the idea on the snack so festive!

    ReplyDelete