Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

You love Christmas trees, right? They are one of the things I love about Christmas. Admit it, you do too! I love everything about them. The buying, decorating, smelling. Everything!

I love them so much that our Christmas tree day starts out so early in the morning and just keeps going. It's wonderful! For years we have always gone to the same place to get trees. It is about 3 to 4 hours from here, depending on traffic but we still go, even when we moved to Toronto.

We did our Christmas Tree Shopping on Saturday. Here's how our day started:

6am - the alarm went off and Arnold and I started packing the car. We got everything in the bags (snow pants, coats, mits, boots, scarfs, ect) and into the car. We also got the breakfast bowls ready (this year it was peanut butter sandwiches with cereal and juice cups). And I started the water for our hot chocolate.

6:45am - Wake up the boys and do our potty break and get their first layer of clothing on. Then they get out to the car and we warm it up a bit. We start getting the last minute things in the car, say our prayers, and head out.

7am to 10am - driving time. this year we stopped at 2 different rest stops to hit up the bathrooms. That's what happens with 2 small bladders.

10am - arrive at Sloans/Emerald Tree grounds. Nana and Papa were waiting already for us. So they helped the kids get into their snow pants and get their other layers on. While we were waiting for Aunt B, Uncle James, Amber and Lisa the kids found a Tree for pictures. They walked up the stairs and we got their photos:

Photobucket


Once Aunt B and her crew got there we got a photo of Nana and Papa and their grandbabies:

Photobucket


We got into the ground and made our first stop at the horses for a quick ride. This was the first year Quinton got to go. And this is the last year the kids need parents to go with them. Next year Kyler and Amber will be old enough to go without us walking with them. I didn't get any photos but when I get one from Nana I'll post it. We headed out to get our trees right away. We do this every year, get a tree then have fun. We had to take a wagon out because the trees are so much further back. Here's our cute driver:

Photobucket


And I know this one is fuzzy but it's the saws that are for use. They aren't sharp but they work. It's cool to have them around. This year Uncle James brought an electrical one but the blade was too little, and Arnold remember one and it worked perfectly. What a smart man!

Photobucket


All of the families headed out and we got to look for our perfect tree. Before we found our perfect one Quinton did.

Photobucket


Here we are in front of our tree. The only way to get the kids to smile was to say "Kraft Dinner" That's why I look funny:

Photobucket


Nana was giving Lisa a lesson in using her camera. Start them young!

Photobucket


We put the trees on the back of the wagon and the daddy's took them back to the front. We waited for the horses.

Photobucket


Arnold ran back and got the camera and took some photos of us on the wagon.

Photobucket


The driver loved Q so much she put him right on top of one of the horses:

Photobucket


While the Daddy's went and got the trees shaken and tied up and on the car we hit up the cookie store! Here's most of us in front of the sign:

Photobucket


I didn't get any decorated, Nana did but I was too busy making my own!

We left the cookie shack and started searching for a fire pit. We couldn't find any so we ended up further away. It worked out better. While we got to the fire pit the daddy's got the lunch from the car (potato and bacon soup, marshmallows, hot dogs, buns, fixings, cups, drinks, ect). Here's Nana with a hot dog she was going to make but dropped instead:

Photobucket


And here's Papa after he cooked it (he eats anything! I remember him drinking our cookied milk all the time when we were younger):

Photobucket


The kids went on a train ride.

Photobucket
Photobucket


While they were on the ride Aunt B and Uncle James hit up the tinsmiths booth and got something (we did too but I'll show you that jem later). They got back just as the ride was over.

Photobucket


Their crew left and we stuck around a bit longer with the kids. Here are the boys playing on the playground:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Daddy went and played for a bit and Papa did as well. Q just wanted to run "Fast" all over the place so Papa just stood in one spot.

Here are the boys with their favourite people:

Photobucket
Photobucket


Nana and Papa went home after this. Nana was so cold she was shivering. So they headed out and we headed to the hay maze.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Once we got back to the car Quinton was so surprised to see the tree we took a photo of our tree, and our special treat!

Photobucket
Photobucket


After a long drive home we finally got the boys into their bath and the clothes into the washing machine. I made the boys some hot chocolate while we started supper. It must have been around 5pm. We started watching "The Flight Before Christmas"

Photobucket


After we had all showered and changed we worked on the Christmas tree. Decorated it and got it looking beautiful. The boys got to put the star up on the tree (something else we had gotten from the tinsmith at the tree cutting place)

Photobucket
Photobucket



Something I Love Game:

I've been trying to figure out what to put for my something I Love because well... I just spent a whole post about my Christmas tree I love. But as I was going through my photos I found something I *LOVE*. It doesn't matter how much I have I will always love it. Arnold is incredible at making it as well. In Fact if I had to pick between his and a store kind his would win, no questions asked. What am I talking about? Hot chocolate

Photobucket


Blessed:

I am blessed by my husband. I know I have talked about my family and friend but I'm truly blessed with Arnold. People have told me alot this week that they wish the had a husband/wife or "That's why I need a husband/wife". I love Arnold so much and I love how much he does for me. From the dishes, laundry, helping with the kids, working so much, and just being wonderful when we are out as a family. He is such a support, and totally completes me. I love you Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment