Friday, December 11, 2009

Visiting Santa

Yesterday was a different day for us. After not having school on Wednesday due to there being no power, heat or phones it was werid to have even more time 'off' with Kyler.

In the morning we slowly got ready to get moving, got dressed and generally took our time until about 10am. Then we starte to head out. We went to a mall close by that Auntie Jaime works at. The kids love visiting with her anywhere so they were very excited to go. We worked our way there by doing a bit of stuff first.

We started with going to Shoppers Drug Mart and using their post office. We had to get a few more things mailed out (since Arnold seems to forget to take them to work alot). That took just over a half hour. the line up was crazy. However Kyler did keep almost everyone entertained by showing off what he was going to do for his class song. He sang "Suzie Snowflake" with actions to the people around us. Then Quinton and Kyler talked about everything going on around them and that gave alot of people some giggles for the day.

When we finally had everything ready to be mailed off the boys got to put something in the mail box each. Then Kyler got so upset thinking that they couldn't get it out of that tiny hole anymore. So the Canada Post ladies gave them a quick tour of the inside, showing them that the box could be open on the other side and that only people who worked there could give those letters to Santa!

After we texted Jaime and let her know that we were at the mall. We got to have a tour of her office and meet everyone there and then head back down and walk around a bit waiting for Santa.

The boys got to see him just before he came up to his bench. So Kyler and Quinton ran up and gave him a huge hug. We had them go up in line and I was allowed to take a photo behind the bars:


Photobucket


Photobucket




Once we visited with Santa we hit up a place for lunch, then some quick groceries then home.

We got home in time to get changed and off to Kylers school for his production (see the below post with the links to videos).

It was a great day with the kids.

Something I Love Game:

What I love right now, aside from our tree, is some of the things on it, mainly from Hallmark. I LOVE Hallmark. A friend of mine can vouch for it as I spent over 200.00 for gifts this year. I took some photos of one of my current favourites. This is Quinton's First Christmas one:


Photobucket


Photobucket




I love the looks both of them got once I could check them out. Sometimes I prefer one look to the other so I posted both.

Blessed:

I am blessed by my friends. I'm not sure if I have posted the friends one before but I truely am. They are so wonderful to us. A few this year have given us "Christ directed" gifts and I love that. Also a few have let us use their discounts and get things a bit cheaper than we would be able to afford (anything from individual stores to Costcos). And a few have just offered to help us out at a moments notice, or even just to pray for us. What a blessing that is. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment