Thursday, December 3, 2009

Power of Prayer

Have you ever thought about the power of prayer? It means so much to some and so little to others. Some people ask for good thoughts, warm fuzzies, wishes and more and others ask for prayer.

I've been thinking about this lately, how wonderful prayer is. God can do so much when you just pray to Him. He can bless you, help you, encourage you, and so much more.

In 1st Chronicles 5:20(b) it says
He {God} answered their prayers, because they trusted in Him.
How cool is that? God answers their prayers just because they trusted in Him. What an incredible amount of trust. It's like when you used to do 'trust exercise' with people, you would close your eyese and fall backwards and hope people would catch you. God caught them. He loves them so much that He would/will do anything for you if you just trust Him.

Another favourite verse of mine is found in Matthew 17:20. It says
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain. "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Have you ever seen a mustard seed? A friend of mine made bookmarks for everyone in youth group once and it had a mustard seed attached at the top of the bookmark and one at the bottom. They are SMALL(about 3mm)! Just that amount of faith and you can do anything with God. Isn't that incredible?

What else I think is cool about prayer is watching it work. Sometimes no matter how hard we pray, how much we pray and how long we pray things don't happen for why or how we want but eventually it does work out for good. It's hard to see it. I remember being so upset that things weren't working out for the best with me. Eventually, looking back, I realized it wasn't ment for me.

I love watching the power of prayer work in peoples lives, weither they know it or not!

Something I love game:

I took some photos yesterday of things I love so I could pop one out here and yet I'm not sure what to use. Todays "Something I love" comes from my Mother-In-Law. When Arnold and I were dating she bought me a gift. I don't even think it was at Christmas, I think it was a *just because* gift (btw those are sometimes my favourite ones). Now every year I pull it out. I dont' always use it for what it's ment for, infact I think I have only once put a candle in there, but I love it just the same. Normally it ends up with random change, things I found around the house or recepts but it is loved just the same. When Arnold and I were talking about how we want our lives to work and how we want to celebrate things when we got married we talked about how Santa is a part of Christmas but we like things that aren't always about Santa Claus. So we thought snowman would work. After all at that time we lived in Alberta and were surrounded by snow! So these snowmen are the cutest I have ever seen.

Photobucket

I am blessed by music. I love music. I've been listening to Christmas music on and off for a while now and I just love it. It makes me happy. Some of those carols are just so sweet sounding and are beautiful by people who have redone them lately. Its incdreible. I am so blessed by music and the people who sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment