Friday, November 13, 2009

All by myself.....

Today I got to spend some time all by myself. I have to admit I love those days. Today was a bit harder. Trevor, our babysitter, came over and watch the kids freeky early in the morning :P We went over everything that needed to get done and I headed out. I got a call from my mom and she said dad was heading out and would be there in 3 hours. So my relaxed morning changed a bit to a very busy morning.

I first headed out to the mechanics. I paid him for what we still owed and we talked about the wheels for the car. He also did a bit of backing up for me since I swear I hear something. He heard a bit and promised to take a look at it next week when it was up getting the wheels changed.

Then I headed to walmart. I wanted to look at a few things there and pick up some stuff on sale. $220.00 later I wasn't even half done my grocery list but I had got some great deals on meat!

Next was M&M Meats. I LOVE that place. They have the best foods. A bit more money but totally worth it. I got talking to the guy about new stuff coming and I'm really excited to try some of it. $40.00 gave us 2 boxes of chicken fingers, 2 boxes of dip (so good) and 2 boxes of bacon! A good deal I think.

The last stop was at Price Chopper. It was the stop that got me the most stuff for less money. Odd how that works. I found everything on my list but 2 things (bacon bits and maranara sauce). I have to remember to do frozen and refrigerated things first then the cans and then the fresh stuff last, oh and breads. This way nothing gets smushed. This was a dent of $207.00. Not too bad.

I have to admit that was all of our grocery budget but still alot of fun. We do have a bit leftover as some of the things I want to use is for the boys and I for this weekend and that's more of an entertainment thing than anything else.

I got home and Trevor and the boys helped to unload the car and we got it all in the house. Then T stayed to help me unload everything around the house (ie kitchen downstairs and the garage freezer). It worked out really well as when we were done and Trevor was about to go my dad showed up! The boys had so much fun going from one person to another.

Now I'm alone with the boys. Arnold and my dad are off at Promise Keepers (promisekeepers.ca). I'm really excited for them. I'm just chilling at home with the kiddos and we are watching movies. Tomorrow I have big plans. hopefully pictures will come tomorrow as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment