Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pancakes!

Last night Quinton thought 4am was a good wake up call (trust me this is better than the 3am wake up the other day). Generally his wake up calls hold off until around 5:30am and that's doable.

Arnold got up with him (like normal) and went upstairs, went back to bed in Q's bed and were great until around 7am.

This is about the time I woke up and was doing my devotions and heard their conversation. Sometimes I just want to stop what I'm doing and hold it all in. They were so cute.

Their conversation went something like this:

Daddy - Kyler what do you want for breakfast?
Kyler - Pancakes!
Daddy - Pancakes?
Kyler - you know you take the milk and mix it with the mixing thing....
Daddy - I know how to make pancakes but we don't have time this morning. How about a peanut butter sandwhich?
Kyler - humm
Daddy - plus we don't have any sauce to dip it in so it wouldn't work anyways
Kyler - oh ok.

Around now I went back to my devotions laughing and thanking God that he gave me this family.

I get upstairs after finishing my devotions and Arnold has made them pancakes. They are sitting at the table eating. I go in and they are so excited about their breakfast. Kyler tells me they didn't have any sauce so Daddy let them use his "special cute little bear sauce" (AKA Honey). They were so happy.

It's moments like those that compete with a day of running around, house hunting, dealing with some emotional little boys and finishing up everything that needs to be done in the house. They make my day fun.

If you guys don't mind please say a prayer for my cousin. This morning I felt a big need to text her and see if she needed a ride home this weekend. I chose to call her later in the day to get a responce quickly. Well after talking to my mom this morning I found out that my aunt and uncle left around 2:30am and drove to up here to pick her up from the hospital. She has H1N1. Please pray her recovery is quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment