Monday, November 30, 2009

All things Christmas!

Do you remember that feeling you had getting up at 4am or earlier to run downstairs and see the house on Christmas morning? That feeling that something was special, the smell of cinnamon buns, turkey, bacon and eggs followed shortly after the parents were up. It was and still is my favourite time of year. I loved coming home from school, walking down Glady's Street in Brights grove and arriving at my house to see that my mom had been in the Christmas mood all day. The house would be decked out including the outside with our lights turn on and everything looking so great with the snow. No matter how much I had to shovel and how much I complained it was my favourite season. In fact another memory I have is one year my Aunt Sandra and my mom and some of their friends had a craft sale in the studio in the side yard. Everything was all pretty for Christmas and it was so great. We could smell the goodies and I loved seeing everyone leave with their treats. I made 'reindeer treats' or something like that for Christmas. You were to sprinkle it on your lawn to help the reindeer to come to your house. That Christmas, and every one after in Brights Grove, after sprinkling some on the lawn I would yell out MERRY CHRISTMAS! then head back inside. It was my 'Christmas thing'.

This year I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's decorations. Although we haven't had snow this November (first time since 1937) slowly people are getting into the Christmas Spirit. On Sunday afternoon I went to a friends house for a cookie exchange. I LOVE her house. It is my favourite place to be no matter what time of year it is but her place is perfect at Christmas. She puts Martha Stewart to shame. Last year we had Christmas photos at her house. I managed to snag a few photos of her house before everyone got there:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




I made the choice last night that even if we have to pack up the week before Christmas or the week after I want to have fun with Christmas. So slowly but surly I'm going through everything we have. I have found we are missing a box of stuff. It has movies, some tree decorations and some musical toys but we will manage until we find it (I'm thinking my parents house?). For now I have a few of the decorations up. I'm hoping to get up some more but I'm not in a rush right now. This past weekend Arnold and I figured out where to put the tree so today was moving things around and making it work. I think I'm going to end up doing more work but for now it works. I am just enjoying the Christmas music for now. When we get some money for groceries we will head out and get some apple cider, that will be the perfect addition to the house. Right now this is what my house looks like:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





This morning Quinton told me he could juggle. I laughed but sure enough. He is so funny. He took two oranges and tried to juggle. Here's what we got, click quickly and it should be like 'real time'

1 comment:

  1. I love all the Christmas decorations we are planning on finishing all ours tomorrow I cant wait:)

    ReplyDelete