Monday, November 9, 2009

Nana and Papa's house

So after mananging to get ready for our road trip we got there safely. It was interesting. The boys and I picked up Arnold at work around noon and we headed out (we all ate at our respective places). The boys fell asleep shortly after leaving and didn't wake up until we were on the 402. I was impressed.

When we got to my parents house we realized I forgot the right set of keys so we didn't have the key to the door. We left the trailer there and headed to the store. We picked up the keys, said hi to everyone and headed back home again.

I was dropped off at my grandparents house so I could talk to my grandma about my stocking I was working on.

We spent the rest of the evening playing around the house and waiting for Nana (and the cookies in her car) to get home. They ate and played with nana for a bit then went to bed.

Saturday we hung out at home and I brought mom to the store, hung out (read: shopped) and then went home to call and double check my hair appointment. There was a no-show so I went super early and got my hair done. It worked out well and I had alot of fun. I'll post some before and after photos. She said she cut off about a foot of hair (from the top layer at least).

Sunday we packed up and headed home after a yummy breakfast of eggs. We stopped by to see my brother and drop off some stuff and then we finished our route home.

We had a rough time with our van though. I'm really thinking we are slowly at the end of time. We have to get some things fixed on it and they are going to be about $1000.00. It's alot of money we just don't have. We do have some things that have to be fixed ASAP and that alone will be about $500.00 so we are freeking out a bit. Hopefully it will all work out ok.

Random things from this weekend:

-the boys and nana got to play in the hot tub. When they tired getting in Q screamed "HOT HOT HOT HOT" and wouldn't get in. When it was time to get out he screamed "NO NO NO NO" so I think he liked it!

-K was so excited that he got to do a book order with Nana. They picked out some books they wanted and he brought the form to school today. He was so excited that his Nana picked out his books with him.

-Arnold found out what his Christmas gift is (well he had to try it on) but now he can't wait for it. Silly boy.

-we had some McDonalds coupons we wanted to use on the way down and back for the boys but every time we passed a McDonalds the boys were asleep!

-we brought home a big fish tank. We started filling it and we are really liking it. We hope to add the fish to it soon.

-Nana and Papa started their library while we were there. I picked out about 10 books that I read when I was little and the boys are going to use those for the next little while. They are very excited. We read one last night (But no ELEPHANTS!) and it was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment