Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken Pomodoro with Tomato Basil Garlic (New Food #14)

On Monday I made a nice meal for our C&C'ers. I love cooking for other people. Seriously it's good!

ok so :

Chicken Pomodoro with Tomato Basil Garlic

4 teaspoon olive oil
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cans (14 1/4oz each) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
8 teaspoons Mrs. Dash - tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning
1/2 cup semi-dry white wine (optional)

Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add chicken and brown over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 15 minutes (Makes 8 servings)

Prep time - 10 minutes
Cook time - 25 minutes

Photobucket

Photobucket



Now I did a few different things.

I used 4 chicken breasts and sliced them the 'long' way to make double (plus a bit)
I didn't use mushrooms... eww!
I didn't use the "Italian-style stewed tomatoes" I couldn't find any! So instead I used regular diced tomatoes (I didn't have stewed as well). Also I mixed in some Italian seasonings.
I can't find the Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning. It's not made anymore, or just not made where I look. I used a bit of basil seasoning and some fresh garlic
I also didn't use the white wine... I hardly *ever* have wine in my house so yeah....

I mixed it all the same way as it suggested. It was good... like REALLY good!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment