Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easy Goulash (New Food #17)

Easy Goulash
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 6 hours (low) or 3 hours (high)
Stand: 5 minutes

1 pound of lean ground beef
1/2 of a 24 oz package frozen loose-pack diced has brown potatoes with onions and peppers (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz)
Hot cooked noodles

1 - In a large skillet, cook ground beef over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat.
2 - In a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, stir together meat, frozen potatoes, tomato sauce, and undrained tomatoes.
3 - Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Turn off cooker. Sprinkle cheese over meat mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with noodles.

~~ makes 4 servings

Per serving: 535cal., 33g fat (14g sat fat), 109 mg chol., 1371 mg sodium, 34 g carbo, 4 g fiber, 27 g pro.

It was SOOO good. I made it a bit different (ha is that new!). I used a full bag of 2kg of hash browns, and I mis-read tomato sauce to tomato soup (I figured it out as I opened the can) so ours had a can of tomato soup and some tomato sauce. I didn't have any onions in the hash browns so I cut up 1/3 of an onion. I added in the diced tomatoes and put in some spices with basil, garlic and oregano (since my diced tomatoes didn't have any). But dang it was SOOOO good and SOOOOO filling. I ended up getting 1 HUGE helping, 2 small helpings. As well as 5 meals for Arnold for work and a HUGE container in the fridge I have been eating each lunch day. It's sooo good. Oh and noodles were egg noodles! Enjoy


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment