Friday, March 19, 2010

March Break Day #5

Today was a world wind day. And not in prettyness!

I posted the shorten version of my day on Face book but here's the long version.

This morning I got up and did some blogging. The kids played with duplo after having some breakfast and we just hung out. Then I pulled out the craft supplies and we made some letters for our hats. The kids had a great time and I really enjoyed it. Kyler and Amber continued to play with the pipe cleaners for a while and Quinton headed off to play with other toys.

I had everyone get dressed and around 11am we headed out to Arnold's work. Arnold needed us to pick up a server for him from work to use at our church and it's really heavy so he couldn't bring it home on the TTC.

On our way there Amber said that the trip was going to be too long and that singing would help to shorten the time so we started to sing every song I could think of, and a few made up ones. It was alot of fun, but I have to admit, I now know why people made up songs like "If you are happy and you know it ....." and "The ______ on the bus go _______". they have never ending songs and they can go on F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

We got to Arnolds work and got let into the parking area. One of his friends was nice enough to help us in and we got to park for free. We headed up to Arnolds office and he got the server and the kids got to see his desk. Everyone took the elevator down and Arnold took the server to the car and the kids and I went out the front to get to the cross walk to cross to the other side to see the fish in the mall there.

When we arrived at the mall we went right to the fish store and they had 2 fish left. Not nice looking ones either (their eyes are bigger than their bodies... gross!). And we over heard them saying that tomorrow (Friday) would be their delivery day. So we are waiting. We went to get some lunch while we were there. The kids and Arnold had A&W and I had some fries from New York Fries. It was a good lunch. When we were done we stopped at MMMMMuffins (I remember this store from Sarnia's super old mall) and we got mmmmmini muffins of chocolate chip for the kids and I got a really good cornbread muffin.

We went 'under' the road with the kids to the TTC station so Arnold could double check something then back upstairs to get to Arnold's work and head home. On the way home, like just before the house, the car started to smoke. This has happen alot lately, like maybe once a week or so. It did it on Tuesday so I figured 2 times in one week must mean something! I called up Rob (our mechanic) and asked if I could bring the car over to see him. We turned around and went over. He checked the car (as always no smoke while we were there) and he touched the cover of the wheel and burned his hand! So he told me I couldn't leave with that car and he couldn't fix it while it was so hot.

We called a cab and headed home while the mechanics. The kids were so excited to be riding in a cab! They had never done it before (or at least from what they can remember). the cab driver really loved the kids!

We were pulling into our road and I realized that my house key was on the car keys.... back with the car! I pretended since it was such a nice day we would play in the back yard. I called Arnold and asked for the LL's number and called his cell for a while hoping to catch him at work (he lives down the road and works up the road a bit). But nothing worked! We ended up playing outside until Arnold got home from work. Even then we were walking to swimming lessons (see how this was a problem? Our swimming stuff was in the house). We walked to swimming and just as we got down the ramp to the Community Centre we met up with Arnold (biking for all his might to get to us before swimming started) and we headed inside for our lessons. We were there for about 1 minute before lessons started.

One of the walking trips outside (before swimming) was to walk down to the LL's house and see if his dad had a spare key, when we were on the way back Quinton had a ladybug land on him and he FREEKED. So bad that people came out of their homes to see why he was screaming! The 'bugs' are back!!

After swimming lessons we had a mini picnic to take up some more time before heading home. We had some juice boxes and some cookies then walked home. Once we got home the kids went outside and played while I took a 'break' on the couch (read: put my feet up for 2 minutes). Arnold headed out to get the van and I made supper. The kids and I had supper while Arnold picked up the car ($650.00 later).

We *switched* when Arnold got home. I took the car to choir and Arnold stayed home with the kids. They went for a bike ride, played outside and then came in and watched a movie. When I called at 8:30pm, Amber was awake watching TV and the boys were sleeping. Arnold got everyone in their PJ's (he missed bath night) and Q was asleep again when I got home. The two older ones were watching their movie and requesting Jello!

After Jello and their movie we put everyone in bed and I went off shortly after (around 9:30/10pm).

There were NO photos because the camera was locked up in the house all day.

Our Funny Moments:

We were talking about everyone's names and Amber told me her full name and Lisa's full name. I asked her what her Mommy's middle name was and this was her response:

"Becca"
Me - that's her middle name?
Amber - yep!
Me - what's her full name?
Amber - Mommy Becca Stewart

This was the same response for her daddy.

In the cab:

K - I have never been in a taxi before!
A - Me either!
Q - me too!
Me - yeah it's a first time for everyone
Q - I wanna drive!
Taxi driver - oh really?
Me - maybe when you are bigger
Q - me big big big big big to the ceiling I drive!
Taxi Driver - ok sounds good!

Our plans for today (Friday):

go to the sugar bush
nap
do laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment