Friday, March 5, 2010

A Fri-date

Arnold took Friday off this week. I loved it! We had Kyler's Parent - Teacher Interview in the morning and then since we are crazy busy the rest of the weekend we went to the Bike Show! I know, I know me at a bike show? But it will get funnier as the post goes on!

Anyway our babysitter showed up around 9:30am and we slowly made our way to the school. The teacher was running behind, no big deal. Our interview as for 10am but he was so behind that by the time we got out of there it was 10:30am! It was a good interview. He said K is well behaved at school, listens, plays and has a great time. We talked about our concerns and Mr. Browns concerns and out of it we have come up with a few things:
1 - he need to work on his arm strength and his writing and copying photos or drawing photos. We are going to start putting that into our supplemented homeschooling program.
2 - he needs to work on his speech. Some things are super clear some not so much. We are going to see how he does in the next few months, and anything we see with Quinton's ST classes we might be able to use with Kyler we will.

After the interview Arnold and I walked down to the Subway and had lunch there. I spilled on my shirt so we headed back home and got changed. Then off to the BIKE SHOW!

The Pharmacy bus took FOREVER to come but once it did things went really quickly (although I remember why I don't take the TTC... talk about motion sickness). We got to the Bike Show with little walking, paid and headed into the show. We started out and Arnold was over the moon! He *loves* this show. I hope next year we are in the position to buy him a bike there. He loved looking at the bikes, trying some out and generally having fun. I followed him until we found... yep... women's clothing! I started to shop! I must have tired on about 7 different shirts and I piked 3 that I really liked! Then I met up with Arnold again and found a few more interesting things. I finally went back to the clothing store and tried on biking shorts. I had the ladies, who were incredible, write down all the information for me. I learned so much. Arnold and I went looking around, he test drove some bikes, we got some new information and then we talked about *MY* budget... hahahahahaha how funny, MY budget at a bike show. We went back and I got a new top and bike shorts!!

When we left the bike show, 3 and a half hours later, we walked out with 1 bag... and made 3 purchases! We are now the proud owners of my new shirt and bike shorts, Arnold's 3 tubes (his 7.50 buys) and the subscribers of a brand new Canadian Cycling Mag and a Canadian Tri Mag! I'm super excited. Next year... we need a bigger budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment