Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tuna-good food! (#12)

I love tuna. I don't think people understand. My favourite meal is a bagel with tuna and mayo mix with a tomato and melted cheese on top. It's incredible! Now on the other hand.. Arnold HATES tuna. He hates the smell, texture, and most of all eating it! He HATES to eat tuna. If I have tuna at lunch I have to wash out the tin and wash out my plate/dishes before Arnold gets home.

So yesterday, being a Wednesday, I got to have tuna! Arnold doesn't come home from work on Wednesdays. He just meets us at church for youth and kids klub. I get the whole evening to do what I want in the kitchen. Mostly it's KD and hot dogs but today it's different!

I made No-Bake Tuna-Noodle Casserole

You need:

8oz of dried cavatappi, elbow, bow0tie, or penne pasta
1 1/2 cups of desired frozen veggies (optional)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk
1 6.5oz container light semisoft cheese with garlic and herb
1 12 oz can of solid white tuna, drained and broken into chunks
salt
ground black pepper

1 - Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions. If desired, add frozen veggies during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to pan.
2 - Add 1/4 cup of the milk and the cheese to pasta in pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and pasta is coated, adding additional milk as needed to create a creamy consistency. Gently fold in tuna; heat through. Season to taste and salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.

Per serving: 419cal., 11g fat (6f sat. fat), 68 mg chol, 693 mg sodium, 46 g carbo, 1 g fiber, 33 g pro.

Photobucket



I generally followed directions. I used a whole 8oz container of light semisoft herb and garlic cream cheese. IT worked perfect. I'm so surprised how well it worked and how easy it melted. The Tuna was a 8.5oz container and it was already chunk-ed ones and it worked well as well.

Now once this was made K and Q had their noodles, cheese and pees without the tuna. I haven't tried tuna with the boys yet so why waste something so good :)

Here is what the boys had:

Photobucket

Photobucket


I think I may make it again with some chicken next time. It is really yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment