Friday, February 18, 2011

New Food Friday #16 ~ Stuffed Chicken

On Monday we had our Valentines Day Dinner with our YAH (Young Adults Hangout). I tried to make something fun! Lets just say it was a good thing that they were late because that chicken needed some more time to cook

Stuffed Chicken

4 Whole Double Chicken breasts
4oz of ricotta cheese
4oz of mozzarella cheese
1oz of fresh spinach
1 Tablespoon of basil

1 - in a mixing bowl, mash ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and chop and add spinach. Add slowly, while mixing about 4 oz of water until smooth and almost runny.

2 - Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4inch thickness. Sprinkle with basil.

3 - At the widest end of breasts, place slice of mozzarella and 1/4 of the ricotta mixture. Roll breasts into a tight tube. Wrap in foil, twisting ends to be sure it's tight.

3 - Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes.

Miranda's Mix Ups: I doubled, almost tripled everything here to make enough. I forgot to add the basil inside so I sprinkled it on the chicken breasts after cooked. I also didn't use fresh spinach. I used frozen. I thawed 6 cubes and it was perfect!

Family Reviews:
Q - ate it all
K - loved it
Arnold - Ok but felt that it was missing something
Miranda - good! I think I'll try a different kind of stuffed chicken next time but SUPER yummy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment