Friday, February 25, 2011

New Food Friday #20 ~ Southwestern Turkey (beef) - Tater Casserole

Monday was our home made pizza. I'm not counting it as a new meal but DANG it was good!

Tuesday night we had a great casserole, so fast and easy and wonderful. The cooking took longer than I thought but totally worth it! I forgot how much I love tater tots!

Southwestern Turkey (beef) - Tater Casserole

1 pound of ground turkey
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
2 cups of frozen cut green beans
1 can (18oz) of Progresso Vegetable Classics creamy mushroom soup
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can (11oz) Green giant mexicorn whole kernel corn with red and green peppers
3 cups of frozen potato nuggets

1 - Heat oven to 350F. In a 12-inch skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili powder and cumin. Spoon into ungreased 13x9 (3quart) glass baking dish.

2 - Gently stir in green beans, soup, tomatoes and cor. Top with a single layer of potato nuggets

3 - Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly around edges and potatoes are golden brown.

Miranda's Mix Ups: I didn't use ground turkey as you can see by the title. I used ground beef instead. I didn't have any of the progresso soup so I used cream of broccoli instead. I couldn't find the "mexicorn" so I just used normal corn and put in another teaspoon of chili powder. I used a WHOLE BAG of tater tots! They are yummy! So it may not have been a single layer!

Family Reviews:
Q - wouldn't touch it (later realized he was sick)
K - ate 2 servings and loved the tater tots
Arnold - like it. It was "missing something" and he wanted to add cheese and salt... I can see we may need to change his attitude about salt and cheese!
Miranda - love love loved it! Really good meal. Next time, I might splurge and buy the smile face tater tots!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment