Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Food #31 and #32 ~ Garden Pasta with chicken and Garlic Rolls

We have our C&C group over on Monday nights and we LOVE them. This year, as always, we have some that have special needs for what they can and can not eat. This year we ate more chicken, but that's just fine! We ate outside this week (May 17th.. yes I'm STILL behind) and it was wonderful!!

Our main meal was Garden Pasta. I slow cooked some chicken on high with some water from about noon until around 4pm. They were the perfect 'fall apart' chicken so I added that into the pasta. We also had a salad and some Garlic Rolls!

Without delay:

Garden Pasta:
Start to Finish 25 minutes

4 oz dried spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, or angel hair pasta or one 9oz package refrigerated pasta
1 medium zucchini, or yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tomato, cut into thin wedges
3 to 4 tablespoons of purchased basil pesto

1 - prepare pasta according to package directions drain.

2 - in a large skillet, cook the zucchini in oil over medium heat until crisp-tender. Place pasta in serving bowl. Add tomato, pesto and cooked zucchini. Toss gently to mix. Makes 2 servings.

I doubled everything and instead of zucchini I used carrots. It was SOOOO good. I also pulled apart the chicken and added it into the supper!

We had salad (nice and easy, and I believe left overs from the night before!

Next one was Garlic Rolls

Home Run Garlic Rolls
Prep 20 minutes
Rise 1/4 hours
Bake 15 minutes

1 16oz loaf frozen white or wholewheat bread dough, thawed
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1 - lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan; set aside. Shape dough int o24 balls; place into prepared pan. Cover, let rise in a warm place until nearly double.

2 - Preheat oven to 350F. In a small bowl stir together melted butter and garlic. Brush butter mixture over rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove rolls from pans and cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 24 rolls


I couldn't for the LIFE of me find the loaf frozen white or whole wheat bread dough. Instead I used the Pillsbury ones. It was perfect and no waiting for the dough to rise! I just brushed and cooked according to instructions on the container. INCREDIBLE again! But I think that might have something to do with my love of garlic.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment