Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Food #36 ~ Rosemary Chicken with White Beans

dRosemary Chicken with White Beans.

I'm CAUGHT UP!!!! YEAH!!! GO ME!!!! ok, I'm done... for now!

We had this last week and it was really good (again another bean mean but Arnold even liked this and brought 2 extra meals to work!)

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cans (15.5 oz each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup of sliced fresh carrots
1/2 cup of sliced celery
2/3 cup of Italian salad dressing
2 teaspoons of dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

**Friendly Tip - Recipes call for draining and rinsing canned beans to remove the excess salt used int eh canning process. You may use the liquid if desired, but be sure to adjust the salt in your recipe**

1 - in a large skillet, brown chicken in oil batches on both side. Place the beans, carrots, and celery in a slow cooker; top with chicken

2 - Combine the salad dressing, rosemary salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170F

So I cheated... I really hate recipes that say "great crock pot cooking" or "slow cooking made easy" if that's so why do I have to cook it before?!?!?! So for chicken I cheat and toss it in frozen and cook on low all day. This was perfect. I put the chicken on the bottom and it worked wonderfully! We also didn't have dried rosemary but I had fresh, I added a few spirits of that. It was BEAUTIFULY flavoured! I loved it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment