Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Training!

Do you know what today is? It is 1 month until my "Give-It-A-Tri"!!

I have upped my training this month. I want to really work on my running since it SUCKS! This past month I have been able to do alot of swimming then cycling. I have managed to have a babysitter(s) 4 days a week and gone for a swim (between 400 to 800m swims) and then a cycle right after (between 8km to 13kms). Now I'm working on cycling and running. My running is HORRIBLE right now. I have re-started the Couch to 5km program from Cool Runnings.

I have started running on a trail now. It's really nice, there is alot of shade, so that helps, but it smells. It's a trade-off I guess. I'm getting used to it.

So far my plans this month looks like this:

July 12 to 18:
Monday - 6am Week 1 CT5K 9am swim/cycle DONE!
Tuesday - 6am OR evening walk 3km 9am swim/cycle did swim/cycle and just under 1km family walk
Wednesday - 6am Week 2 CT5K moved to tonight.
Thursday - 6am OR evening walk 3km 9am swim/cycle
Friday - 6am Week 2 CT5K 9am swim/cycle
Saturday - family cycle/walk (maybe Toronto Islands)
Sunday - Family walk/cycle

July 19 to 25:
Monday - 6am Week 4 CT5K 9am swim/cycle
Tuesday - 6am OR evening walk 3km 9am swim/cycle
Wednesday - 6am Week 5a CT5K
Thursday - 6am OR evening walk 3km 9am swim/cycle
Friday - 6am Week 5b CT5K 9am swim/cycle
Saturday - family cycle/walk in evening do Week 5c CT5K
Sunday - Family walk/cycle

July 26 to August 1:
Monday - 6am Week 6a CT5K 9am swim/cycle
Tuesday - 6am OR evening walk 3km 9am swim/cycle
Wednesday - 6am Week 6b CT5K
Thursday - 6am OR evening walk 3km 9am swim/cycle ***Leave for camping today**
Friday - CAMPING - sometime during the day get in a cycle run (morning)
Saturday - CAMPING - sometime during the day get in a cycle walk and a family cycle/walk
Sunday - CAMPING - sometime during the day get in a cycle run (morning) and a Family walk/cycle

August 2 to August 8:
Monday - CAMPING - Get in a Week 7 CT5K
Tuesday - no kids - sometime during the day walk 3km 9am swim/cycle
Wednesday - no kids - sometime during the day Week 8 CT5K
Thursday -LEAVE FOR WEDDING - sometime during the day walk 3km if workout room cycle
Friday - REGINA FOR WEDDING - sometime during the day run 3km if workout room cycle
Saturday - REGINA FOR WEDDING - sometime during the day walk 3km if workout room cycle
Sunday - COMING HOME FROM WEDDIG - if time take a walk

August 9 to August 14:
Monday - Driving to parents house - day off
Tuesday - 6am run 9am swim/cycle
Wednesday - 9am cycle/run
Thursday - full tri 9am swim/cycle/run
Friday - OFF eat a HUGE pasta dinner (trying to convince DH to take me to Spaghetti factory!!
Saturday - Give-It-A-Tri!! Be on the boat at 6:30am for my ride over, my parents will come in a bit with the kids and then the race starts at 6am
Sunday - RELAX!!!!


I'm getting worried about how things are going to happen. I've done so much reading and asking questions to those who have done the give-it-a-tri with this company. I'm hoping things go ok and I can handle everything. I'm worried about the wave start. This is where everyone in certain age groups head out at once. This scares me. I hate being in the water with large groups of people. The advice I've been given, chill! When the gun/whistle/starter block goes off then count to 5 and go. It will give you a moment to not be behind those crazy people bolting it out there.

I'm worried about the transitions. I won't have to take off my wetsuit since I won't have one on but I will have to get my numbers on. I have to have that on before doing anything, on my back. I also have to have my helmet on before touching my bike. So my plan is to run to the stop, put my socks/shoes on (might change laces to the pull string ones) and then grab helmet and put it on, (have my numbers sitting inside it so putting those on the same time) then pull bike out and GO!

The next transition is from Cycling to Running. Currently I have HUGE issues getting my bum off the bike! I'm so tired after my bike that I don't think I can get off and keep going! It's horrible. I might get Arnold to down the bike seat a bit and hopefully that will help.

Speaking of seats! I got a new one! We went to a bike shop last week to get me a new bike seat. I didn't bring the bike but once I explained what kind of bike it was and what I was going to do with the seat we picked a new one.

Check it out!
Photobucket

I like it! It's pretty cool. My bum hurts (aka tailbone) but I've been told that with the kind of bike I have this is the problem. The bike is MENT to have you sit up tall so my tailbone would be sitting on the seat anyway. Hopefully it would work ok! I have a 30 day warranty on it. I can bring it back if I don't like it.

Photobucket


I still have pain when riding but aside from that I'm ok. A seat will be something we spend alot of money on I think!

Our biggest issue now.... my front wheel is having problems. I'm really worried. We will have to buy a new one (around $50.00) or *hopefully* fix this one. Arnold has been so busy with church commitments/computer repairs/household jobs that he hasn't had time to look at it and properly check it out (with possible fixing). Today is my 'off day' so we are leaving it. Arnold needs to fix a computer tonight so when I'm on my run I hope the repair will be super easy and nice and easy to fix my bike as well!

I have to try and figure out a way to have water while running. I'm not sure how to do it as I *hate* having bottles or anything in my hands while running. I don't want to get one of those containers that go on my back but I'm not sure what else to do.

Well that's about it for an update! I'm getting there.

Now a few photos for you to enjoy.

This is my first ever swim in the water... and as I've been told, I was CRAZY to swim in Lake Huron... it's COLD!



Kyler and I walking out to the water at the park:
Photobucket

Swimming front crawl (freezing cold for my head):
Photobucket

Swimming breaststroke (warming up my head a bit):
Photobucket

Fresh out of the water:
Photobucket

My time for about 540ms:
Photobucket

Off I go on my bike ride!:
Photobucket


I promise I will share MORE photos in about a month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment