Thursday, July 8, 2010

The words that come out of your mouth...

eventually come out of your kids!!

I'm sure I have talked about this before. K and Q are so into words and what we say that we have to watch what does come out of our mouths, and the mouths of people around us. It's a hard task to protect those little ears from the bad things they hear but also sometimes from the silly, joking, and strange things they hear as well.

My examples this week are from things that have been said around the house. I'm not sure if I posted on here but a few weeks ago at my parents house I was training. I went for a swim in Lake Huron. It's cold. And I do mean COLD!! I believe the word I used when describing it to a friend here in Toronto was FRICKING cold! It's a new section on the thermometer, according to Miranda. Well wouldn't you know it. I was informed last night that the temperature outside was "fricking hot!" from my oldest son! What a shock it was for me to hear that come out of his mouth. But truth be told I would rather have 'fricking' come out of his mouth that other words that sound like that.

Another example is from what I said to my youngest son. He was having a hissy fit about something and totally being a drama queen. I told him to "Suck it up Princess!" This made him giggle and stop being so bratty that day. This phrase has now come up every day! Each boy, at one time or another, will tell the other to "Suck it up Princess". This was until I figured they should use the 'correct term' "Suck it up, buttercup!" Again more giggles started but at least they had fun.

Something I have noticed from typing this up (aside from the fact that my pinkie finger hurt from having the screen door slam on it!) that most of the things my kids repeat is from me! Heavens NO! But then again, it is Arnold who tells people that I raise some great kids. I guess that means I spend more time around them. If that's the truth, it's a good thing my mouth is, generally, G-rated.

No comments:

Post a Comment