Thursday, July 15, 2010

That sucked!

Today was the last swimming lesson for our boys. It was their last lesson for this session and for the year. The boys are going to be doing the next session in September. They love being with their friend and having fun.

Today the boys got there, got dressed and sat on the bench by the pool. The boys were really excited. The teacher... never showed up. Instead they were with the other group. This other group started today. It was their first lesson and our boys last one. It was so icky! 6 kids in a pool with 1 teacher, than another teacher joined in and took our normal 3 boys into another group. Q was upset because it wasn't his normal teacher, there wasn't a step in the pool (the added this new thing that acts as a step in the pool and Q is SOOOO much more comfortable with it) and it was just out of his routine.

I'm so sad. I wanted this day to go well, for him to be happy and for him to have a GOOD feeling about the pool. Instead he got out of the pool early, went in late cause he was in tears and ended with telling me "I hate swimming". I wanted to cry. He is my baby and no matter how much I protect him he has to deal with some things by himself but this wasn't how I wanted to end our swimming lesson.

I hope to bring the kids to a free swim this weekend and hopefully get the kids in the pool. Even if I can get Q in the pool and swim with just him, I might feel a bit better about the whole thing. I just hate that he feels this way.

Kyler on the other hand, loved it! He had fun with a 1 on 2 session. He said it was good and he loved swimming and jumping and playing games.

I'm worried.... I hope this doesn't discourage Q too much. Thankfully we have another session starting in Sept!

No comments:

Post a Comment