Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Food #33 ~ Strawberry Pie!!!

Photobucket
Doesn't it look good?


We had our small group last party on June 21st and I made these. They were super easy to make and SUPER yummy. I'll admit I made them with my mom a few weekends before but it was incredible none the less.

Photobucket
Don't you think so?


Random Tidbit - This was the rehearsal dinners dessert (got that?) for my grandparents wedding 30 years ago. My mom made it the first them then and has become a PRO now.

Photobucket
It doesn't look too bad for being a 30 year old recipe does it?


Oh yes... and you CAN NOT have any left over... no joke. It gets soggy and kinda gross (but still edible) so I wouldn't leave any leftovers. YES I am telling you to sit down and eat the whole pie at one sitting

Photobucket


Also there may be 2 pies in these photos but NEVER and I do mean NEVER double the recipe. Do one at a time. It does not set with doubling... trust me... even my mom, the pro, tried it a few weekends ago and it didn't work. BUT she did get some killer strawberry daiquiris afterwards!



Ok no further delay:

1 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of corn starch
1/4 cup of water
1/2 a 8oz package of cream cheese, soft
1/4 cup of sugar
1 graham crust - pre done


Before adding to a medium pot mix cornstarch and water (mix WELL) then add to 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of crushed berries. Stir constantly over medium heat until it comes to a boil. Let it boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat to cool.

Mix the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar. If needed microwave for a few moments then mix. Spread this mixture on the bottom of the graham cracker pie crust.

Put whole berries over the cheese mixture. Then pour glaze over the entire pie.

Cool and serve with whipping cream or ice cream.

Sooooo good and yet soooooo easy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment