Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy 1 Year!

Can you believe I've been blogging here for 1 year?!? Wow it seems like so much has happen but so many good things. 1 year ago today I wrote a blog entry (feel free to check it out here.

As an update to the "Welcome to our Visser blog!" I give you the below entry:

I still try to blog as much as I can and include as many photos as possible. I am proud to say that over the past year you have viewed over 3000 photos and over 7 slide shows of my children.

Re-Welcome to our family:

Arnold is my husband. He is one of the best men I have ever met and is the most loving, handsome, sweet, caring, handy, father. He loves his 2 boys with all his heart. He tries to do so much with them and spend as much time as possible with them. He still works a a computer programmer for a company here in Toronto. They have recently moved to a new office about 20kms away from our house. Due to that Arnold bikes into work every day. That's 40kms a day. We are now entering year 4 at this company. Arnold's birthday is coming up soon (Nov 10th) and even though we won't get much of a celebration in he has already received his gift. I may buy him his FAVOURITE cake (McCain's Deep and Delicious Cake)

Kyler is our oldest son. He is now in Sr Kindergarten at the school down the road. He loves his teacher, Mr. Brown, and has taken on some of his traits, for example loving the Toronto Maple Leafs. He just went to his very first pro hockey game with his dad a few days ago. He loves to spend time with his brother, building things with his duplo and K'nex and colouring. We are working on reading with him right now. Kyler has started to attend a new school program to help him with his speech and language development. He attends this school on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. Kyler is excited to be celebrating his 6th birthday. He plans on having a party this year, we might go bowling. March 8th is going to be busy!

Quinton is the baby of the family, for now. He is such a sweetheart and he loves spending time by himself. He is getting himself ready for school next year (being in Jr kindergarten). He loves to play with blocks, swords and shields and doing as much as he can with his hands. He has the BEST imagination. It's incredible. He can tell you stories about "last week" (which is his relation to time in the past, be it a few hours ago or years ago) that would just floor you with the detail he can explain. His Speech Therapy he has done this past year is slowly coming to a close. He did so great that his Speech Therapist wanted to wait and see how he does with things in the next few months before recommending him for more treatment! We are crossing his fingers he is done!

Lastly is me. My name is Miranda. Last year I listed my 'jobs' but really it's my life! I don't have too many jobs lately. I've grown so much with this blog and with our family. I'm now good at living in a small house, downsizing regularly, decorating, learning to delegate, being a hostess, leader, and most of all remembering to take time for myself. This blog is part of my 'detox' time as well as a place to talk about how life is going. I've begun to expand my photography abilities, child care as well as teaching. I've also completed a triathlon! How cool is that. It has to be one of my proudest moments lately. Hopefully I can do it again next year under 1 hour.

I hope this post has allowed you to be 're-welcomed' to the blog. Feel free to ask questions! I promise to answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment