Friday, January 21, 2011

New Food Friday #4 ~ "Chicken Divan with Rice"

Our Young Adults Hangout group (YAH group) met up on Monday night. I was able to test out my new meal on more people! Which was perfect because Arnold was gone. So this was wonderful!

Chicken Divan with Rice

3 cups of Broccoli Florets
4 skinless chicken breasts halves
Sauce:
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 TBSP of Chicken bouillon powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
2 cups of milk
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

1 - Place broccoli in slow cooker. Lay chicken over top.

2 - Make sauce: Stir together flour, bouillon powder, sat and pepper in sauce pan. Gradually whisk in milk until no lumps remain. Heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Remove from heat.

3 - Stir in cheese. Pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Serves 4.

Miranda's Mix Ups - I sliced up the chicken breasts so that they were smaller pieces and put them over the broccoli. And since I didn't have enough broccoli I added green peas! The sauce I doubled and half of the flour was all purpose whole wheat! I also couldn't find any chicken bouillon powder. Instead I had a cube I added and 2 little "chicken soup flavouring" packets. I also used mozza cheese instead of Parmesan cheese. I didn't add it to the sauce I sprinkled it on top.

K - too sick to eat
Q - loved the chicken and devoured the rice, parts of the broccoli but no peas.
Arnold - not there
YAH boys - loved it!
Me - It was good. I really enjoyed the smell and it was wonderful! I think I may have cooked it a bit too long as the "sauce" was a bit more of a layer on the top then a sauce! But that may have been the cheese though!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment