Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sweet Nothings, Part 2

Last year around this time I wrote a post about "Sweet Nothings". I was reminded of this post this weekend.

Our family had our first "family day" of the year this past weekend and had a wonderful time. We went out and did some things as a family that we don't normally get to do. One of the things we did was watching a movie. We got to see "Tangled". It's such a cute movie. And to spoil it a bit... When the girl and the guy share their first kiss I swear I could see at least 3 or 4 couples in the theater lean over and kiss each other. What sweethearts. I remember when Arnold and I used to do that. This time we had 1 sleeping child and 1 wide awake child between us.

Another "Sweet nothing" was today at church. For those of you who have family members who regularly do things in church you may understand this. Arnold and I have *almost* never sat together since becoming members at this church. In fact the last time we had the chance to sit together was when Arnold's parents came, and I was so "not used" to it that I sat in my normal seat with friends on one side and his parents on the other. It was just so strange. This Sunday, somehow, we got to sit beside each other. The sound booth was taken care of and we could actually sit BESIDE each other. It was so nice to have his arm around me during the service and to have that extra bit of "warmth" beside me. It was so nice.

All I could think of was when you first started dating someone and you would hold hands on the bench where "no one could see" and eventually move closer and closer to each other. Those butterflies that are there and that feeling of "wow, this person really likes/loves me to show the whole church we are holding hands" during prayer or a song. That's how it felt today. Wow, Arnold really loves me enough to not be afraid to show it in the church, in front of all these people.

Ahhh sweet nothings.

No comments:

Post a Comment