Friday, January 28, 2011

New Food Friday #8 ~ Maple Chicken Fettuccine

Today night we had a wonderful Chicken meal. It tasted really good!


Maple Chicken Fettuccine

10 oz dried fettuccine
5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1.5 pounds total)
Salt and ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 - 16oz package of frozen stir-fry vegetables
3/4 cup of chicken broth
1 Tablespoon of cornstarch
1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/4 cup of maple syrup

1 - Cool pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant thermometer inserted in chicken registers 170F, turning once. Remove from skillet' keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high. Add frozen vegetables; cook and stir 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.

2 - In a small bowl, combine broth, cornstarch, rosemary, and black pepper. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in maple syrup. To serve arrange hot pasta in shallow bowls. Top with chicken. Spoon vegetables and sauce over chicken.

Make 5 servings.

Miranda's Mix-ups: I didn't have 1.5 pounds of chicken. Instead I make it go farther by cutting it up. I seasoned them then cut them into smaller pieces. I also couldn't find stir-fry vegetables so I used what I could find. This ended up being peas, carrots, baby corn, peas. Also the store didn't have rosemary fresh so I used my dry stuff at home. And another, I know I know. I didn't read right and I added the maple syrup to the bowl. So I cooked everything together. I had chicken, and veggies and sauce all in the same frying pan (less to clean up later).

Family Reviews:
Q - loved the noodles and corn. He ate a bit of chicken but not too much
K- asked for seconds
Arnold - Ate it but not his thing.
Miranda - It had a nice flavour to it. I shouldn't have taken so much pasta but it was yummy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment