Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time to Catch up!! ~ Tim and Deanna's Wedding

Thank you Mom! Who wrote all the blog posts a few weeks ago. Since then things have been crazy. I'm finally finding (well squeezing time) some time to do some blogging. I never realized how far behind I was. So here we go:

Tim and Dee's wedding:

Day #1:

Arnold and I got up early on Thursday and headed out. We had packed the car the night before and off we went to the Park'n'fly. The cheapest one out there. We found a spot and a drop-off-bus to get us there in a matter of minutes (in fact he showed us a spot and waited for us!). We headed to the airport with LOTS of time to spare. It was nice and dead in the airport that morning. We got checked in, through customs and waiting in the baggage line in a matter of minutes. Our flight was scheduled to leave by 8am and we were there by 6:45am. I did some reading. Arnold went around and took some photos of the airplanes and some of the airport for the boys and stretched his legs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Arnold's Favourite... stairs that go no where!)

Photobucket
Proof I was there!



We started boarding the plane and were lucky enough to be at the VERY back of the plane. We were the 2nd last row of 3 seats. And we were a middle and window. In the end we had no one beside us so Arnold moved over so I could have a bit more room for my legs.

Our flight was boring and nothing exciting happen. We got to Regina in nice time (well after I realized the time difference at this time of year was 2 hours not one!). Around 10am or so our flight came in. We took our time getting off the plane and down to the car rental area. Seriously the terminals are SOO small and so easy to find it was nothing! A nice short walk. We got to the car rental place, got our car and headed out. She gave us an extra hour or so on the rental because they rent them in 24 hour periods. Since we were so 'early' to get our car it would mean it would have to be back on the Sunday by 11:30am.. our flight out was at 3pm! So we got to have the car until 12:30pm.

We found our car, loaded up and off we went!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We called the hotel and were able to get in early. So off we went there. We happen to get the room next to Tim and Teresa's parents! It was nice to have some people we knew that close! We got to visit with them and see Teresa, Rueben and Tianna! It was wonderful! We had a great time.

Arnold and I got settled and headed out for lunch (Denny's) and then we found a few bike stores to go and visit. Arnold and I got a map and checked them all out. We sent Tim a text message and asked what he was up too when we were at the last one or so. We were invited to his house so we headed over and got to see their place. It's so cute! Has a little detached garage and it's adorable and has SOOO much room inside.

Tim, Arnold, Josh, and myself went over to get Deanna from work and got to meet her. She is so great!! I'm so happy for Tim and Deanna.

Anyway we hung out with them until around 4:30pm or so and Arnold and I went to see the last bike shop and then headed back to the hotel. I got changed and went back to Dee's and got to hang with the girls while the boys went out. We ordered in and the boys had the bachelor party of laser tag and drinking.

Teresa took me back to the hotel with her and we hung out in my room visiting until around midnight, I think. Then we both went to bed. Arnold came home around 1am or so, if I'm remembering right.


Day 2 - Friday:

Arnold and I started out the day with breakfast at the hotel and then went out to get Arnold a haircut. I spent about 45 minutes calling places to see if anyone could do my hair and makeup. I got laughed at ALOT! I ended up with a hair appointment on one side of the city (which isn't big) and a makeup appointment on the other. I kept those and we headed out to get Arnold's hair cut. I left him once we dropped him off and I walked to Old Navy, Booster Juice, Cutters, and Walmart. I ended up trying, on a fluke, Cutters and sure enough they had an appointment for BOTH! So I booked it (and cheaper than the other 2 places). We went back to the hotel and I canceled the other appointments and we hung out in our room watching "shark week". Eventually I couldn't take it and left to visit the Nautas.

We left for the reception hall shorty before 1pm and Arnold and I followed Teresa and her mom there. Good thing to do esp since I don't think we would have found it otherwise.

We got there and the tables were set up so off we went on decorating! We had a great time and really enjoyed getting to know more family and getting to meet Dee's family. It was alot of fun. I have a LOT of photos but I'll post a few:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
At the church.


We went back to the hotel around 3pm and since the plan was to go to the church to learn how to put up the gazebo Arnold and I ditched everyone else and went to Mongolian Grill. I LOVE that place! I ate SOO much.

We came back to the hotel and chilled out there for a bit until Teresa text-ed me and said it was time to go. Arnold and I went over to the church. Arnold helped with the sound board and getting everyone hooked up and good to go and I helped Teresa set up the gazebo and got that all done and learned how to take it down as well. It turned out wonderfully! We went home before the rehearsal started and had a nice lazy night of watching TV.


Day #3 - Saturday - Wedding day!

We went downstairs for breakfast in the morning and had a nice visit with some of the people there. I walked over to my hair and makeup appointment and was there until almost 11am. I walked part of the way back to the hotel since Arnold wasn't quite ready to come and get me. Since he was at the hotel alone he soaked in the hot tub and had a nice long shower. We headed went out for lunch at Chili's. It's a GREAT restaurant!! Hot food but really good!

We got back to the hotel and went to visit with a friend from university, Jenn's parents. We had a great visit for a bit (and they thankfully brought back a birthday gift for Jenn's little girl) and then we rushed to get dressed. We drove Jenn's parents to the wedding since they only had their motorbike!

We headed out to the wedding found a seat and enjoyed. We took a lot of photos but here are a few:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We came back to the hotel between the wedding and reception and uploaded a few photos to facebook and then off to the reception to drop off and set up the gazebo and see if any other help was needed. We went back to the hotel and hung out there for a bit longer. We went to the reception in time to help finish setting up and chilling out. Between setting up the gazebo and going back again Quinton need us to call. We called him to see how things were going and to make sure he was ok. Q was missing us by then. And that's ok. I think we both/all needed that. Even Daddy got to talk to him.

The reception was beautiful. I took a lot of photos again but I'm only sharing a few.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Around 10:30pm or so Teresa, Tianna and I headed back to the hotel. I had to go back to her room another time to get her to help me out of the dress but it was a great night. Arnold as back in the hotel around midnight or a bit after I think.

Day #4 - Sunday

We took a super lazy day. We had breakfast downstairs and then did nothing, after we packed up. We chilled out and said goodbye to our friends at the hotel and eventually checked out. On our way out we saw that Jenn's parent's motorcycle had been TP'ed:

Photobucket


We didn't have anywhere we had to stop so we just drove around. We got to see some beautiful places. We also stopped at this one park and walked out to this little island and took some photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I Love this bike! Every part of it is a different colour!


Then we headed to the airport, returned the car and waited. We did have a nice little lunch at the airport place and waited there as long as we could handle. The downside was my 12 case of Diet coke, I couldn't take any of the leftovers with me. So a "FREE" sign went on the box and all I can hope is that those 6 diet cokes went to a good home.

Photobucket

Photobucket


We got off on the first flight just fine. I took a few shots there:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then we had to rush to get from one side of the terminal in Edmonton to the other to get our connecting flight. I had *just* enough time to go pee on solid ground and back up we went!

We arrived in Toronto just as our tickets said, around 10:30pm. We grabbed our stuff (which none was checked) and headed out to wait for the Park'n'Fly bus and back we went to our van. We loaded up, paid and headed to Sarnia. With the highways having no one on them we were in Sarnia by 1:30am and that includes stopping for something to eat.

The next morning we hung out in the pool, visited and headed back to Toronto before noon.

We had a wonderful time and LOVED it! We missed the boys but it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment