Friday, September 30, 2011

New Meal Fridays #50 - Creamy Turkey (Chicken) with puff pastry

Made:August 22nd 2011
From: Freezer Fall Meals

1 package of frozen puff pastry
4 cans of chunky chicken corn chowder soup
4 cups of cubed cooked turkey (I used chicken)
2 packages (16oz each) of frozen peas and carrots, thawed
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon pepper.

Thaw one sheet of puff pastry. Cut into 6 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally; transfer to 2 greased baking sheets. Bake at 400F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, turkey, peas and carrots, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted.

Serve half the soup mixture with puff pastry triangles. Cool the remaining soup mixture; transfer to freezer container for up to 3 months after.


Miranda's Mix Ups: I used chicken. This was my very first time working with puff pastry and after doing some research and self discovery, of being wrong!, I realized I needed to roll out the puff pastry first. And because of this I didn't get it just the shape they were talking about and the picture looks like but it was WONDERFUL! I loved it. Also I would say that when you put everything in the pot consider adding cream cheese first then the soup, waiting a bit then everything else. I found I had "chunks" of cream cheese that didn't melt out totally. It was a nice surprise however.

Again, Hubby was late home and no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment