Friday, September 30, 2011

New Meal Fridays #52 - Homemade Salsa

Made:Sept 1st 2011
From: Internet website

I found this recipe on a website and thought I would try it. I had just about everything I needed. I had WAY too many ripe tomatoes in the back yard and just needed some thing to do with them before they went bad in my window ledge. So here's what I did:

8 cups of tomatoes, finely chopped
1 and 1/2 cup of onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup of green peppers, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup of red peppers, coarsely chopped
6 to 7 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup of coriander, finely chopped
2/3 cup of red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon of while (or black) pepper

Combine all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium once it begins to boil.

Boil and stirring for 10 minutes. Jar (find instructions elsewhere).


Miranda's Mix Ups: I only had enough for 4 cups of salsa so I did half the recipe. I also had no coriander so that wasn't added. And I won't lie, when I first did it I left it chunky. But when Arnold got home he boiled it and it thinned out ALOT. He had to add a few tablespoons of cornstarch to it. He LOVED it, as did my parents who ate it that weekend. I have since made it twice more and it is great! I've even jar-ed some for Christmas gifts

Before boiled:

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment